Thursday, July 7, 2011

Avoid Being Burned...Check the Date


Does sunscreen go bad?  According to Mayo Clinic most bottles have a three year shelf life.  I always thought I needed to throw mine away and start fresh each swimsuit season, what about you?  That's a sure savings if you go through sunscreen as much as my family does and then toss the leftover bottles at the end of swim season.  I buy all sorts face, stick, spray and rub-on varieties. I am not usually brand-marked either. I go for the water/sweat proof varieties and those made specifically for the face.

So, if you were wondering if your sunblock is still working for you and doesn't have an expiration date on it (and it's not soupy, gloppy, and have an unpleasant odor), go for it!

What is your favorite type of sunscreen?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post.