Monday, November 15, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

linked up to hundreds of menus & recipes at orgjunkie.com

This week I am eating out of my pantry/icebox in reference to my previous post on curbing down a bit.  I found some great deals I got a few weeks back hiding in the bottom of the icebox, as well as some hidden favorites in the back of the panty.  Me, being a foodie, I am trying to come up with creative ideas to use what we have and my grocery trip will only be for necessities.  Here is goes....

This week we are having:

  • Turkey Tacos (shhh-don't tell hubs-he's not a fan of ground turkey)/field green salad/fresh fruit
  • Grilled Steak Burgers (thanks mom for the Ohmaha Steaks Gift Card)/deviled eggs/oven fries
  • Omelettes with chicken apple sausage/fresh fruit
  • Grilled Chicken Skewers with Sausage & Pancetta this is a great recipe we have repeated it so many times./Fresh Cut Fruit/Green Beans
  • Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches (I love this concept, done in minutes, and is delicious- and I am controlling the meat, etc.)/fresh cut fruit/chips
  • Chicken & Sausage Gumbo (craft show soup mix)/BEST Cornbread/Field Green Salad
What's on your menu?  Can you try to save some $$ and utilize what's in your icebox/pantry.  My shopping list is minimal this week, a big change....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post.