Monday, January 17, 2011

Menu Plan Monday

This menu was uploaded to orgjunkie.com.
Check out all the varieties of meals and recipes you can plan for your family!

I took a week off last week, and boy was I in a mess.  There was defiantly food in my house, but I felt myself sinking instead of swimming.  We ate out WAY too much last week for convenience instead of enjoyment-although we have had the most incredible weekend with date nights each night with each of our children individually. Our schedule was quite busy, but I still like to have my hot meals for my children at least~

I am back on the wagon this week, with lot's of plans for impromptu meals-ready to go...

Here is what is cooking in our tasty kitchen-
  • Roasted Turkey Caesar Salad with Fresh Fruit (left over Rotisserie Turkey Breast)
  • Individual Homemade Pizzas with our favorite homemade sauce, garden salad, fresh fruit (see instructions below)
  • Grilled Chicken Quesadilla's, Corn on the Cob, Garden Salad
  • Cheeseburger Pinwheels, Green Beans, Potato Chips
  • Beef Stew with Beer & Paprika, Biscuits
  • Leftovers- I just know we will have leftovers!  I plan to freeze some of the stew for another cool evening.
**Individual Pizzas can be made to suit any taste.  Take frozen bread roll dough (not frozen rolls), and place on your pizza stone or baking sheet for about an hour or two before eating and drizzle with olive oil.  When soft enough, pat out (have kiddos help), and top with your favorite toppings.  We like everything from traditional to our own creations.  This is also a quick lunch, so much more healthy than frozen pizzas and cheaper too.
C-man's favorite topping is turkey pepperoni and lotsa mozzarella cheese. Hubs enjoys sauteed Italian sausage and cheese, and my personal fav is pesto sauce with mozzarella and lot's of fresh garlic - watch out!  These can be made in your oven or on your grill.  Just be sure you brush olive oil on your grates before throwing down the dough.  Cook carefully for 1-2 minutes, flip and top~Baked in the oven can be for about 20-25 minutes or until crust is done at 350.  Of course you can make your own dough or purchase pizza dough, but we have come to love the convenience of the bread dough for quick planning in the kitchen.

Have a FANTASTIC week, I cannot believe we are already through the middle of the first month of the year. Time is flying past us, which make me want to remind you how important eating with your family is.  Gather round the nearest table and enjoy talking to one another (a lost art since hand helds have come to adorn every table I see when I dine out with my hubs-sad that people cannot put it away for the littlest time to enjoy real conversation.

I will now step off the box......

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post.