Monday, October 11, 2010

DIY-Message Board


When I saw this project I just had to make one myself.  I totally see these as Christmas gifts this year for family and friends that I exchange with. {smile}  I know if someone gave me one, awwww- I would love it, so I am hoping...they would love one too.

Starting out as this beautiful [in it's day] gold/linen wood frame with this painted canvas inside-it was all about to change.  First, I sanded it down with a small sanding block to remove any dirt, dust, or chipping paint.  I removed the canvas and got right to work with my spray painting.  My first layer I used a primitive red semi gloss spray paint that I had on hand.  I gave it a good spray down, and allowed it to dry.  Then I hit it with a black, high gloss spray paint.  After it was dry for 24 hours.  I sanded it down here and there so I would get spots that had the distressed look. Then came the chicken/poultry wire found at the Home Depot in the fencing supply area.  I used about a third of it.  I stapled the measured piece of chicken wire across the back of the frame using a staple gun.


Lastly, I attached the wire across the back.  My finished project I will reveal later this week with a few pictures, and some decorative clothes pins.  I am thrilled with the outcome.  I salvaged an old frame, and repurposed it to something new.  What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous idea! We just finished painting the walls in the house and I need some "art" for the walls. This will be a perfectly thrifty solution!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post.