Monday, October 4, 2010

Menu Plan Monday


this menu is linked with HUNDREDS of other great menus - take a look at http://www.orgjunkie.com/

This week's menu consists of some conveinence foods.  We order from Omaha Steaks and have beef/chicken on hand which makes things easy.  I usually defrost the night before so I am ready to go.  I also love marinating different flavors on my chicken breast/pork chops/shrimp/fish when I come home from the market-pop into a freezer zip bag and lay flat in freezer.  Then you are all ready to go, flavors already fused into the meat-and dinner becomes a little easier.  Just take out the night before-leave in refriegerator to defrost over night and add a side dish and your all set.  I am also using my slow-cooker to make Sloppy Joes.  The recipe is enough for two meals for our family, so I will freeze half of it for another quick night.

Steakburgers on the grill, roasted vegetables, green salad

Chicken Picatta with Pasta

Marinated Skirt Steak over Ceasar Salad

Marinated Cilantro/Lime Grilled Shrimp over Linguine

Sloppy Joes over cornbread, green beans

Leftover Buffet - Spaghetti/Meatballs and clean out the freezer of a few small items

Until we eat again...

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm! Chicken picatta sounds delicious. Maybe I'll give it a try soon.

    Come on over and visit over at Free 2 Be Frugal to check out my menu plan.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post.